Sunday, August 7, 2016

From Halfway Around the World

Our families are always amazed at the communications we receive concerning the Hawks Trio's songs.
Amazed, because of how far God has taken their voices around the world through the means of the internet, and the lives that have been touched.
One such story comes from a fellow Christian in Vanuatu.  (Van-WAH-tu)  It is a small country of islands about 1,200 miles east of Australia, and over 8,000 miles from us, here on the east coast of the United States.  


Last month we received an email from Bro. Jesse Obed, a corrections officer in a high-risk prison on one of the Vanuatu islands.  He said he has been listening to The Hawks Trio music online for several years, but he had just found our website and email address.
He has given us permission to share these pictures and what he wrote to us.  Quotes have been slightly edited for clarity.

Several years ago, he received a permanent post as Correctional Principle Officer over a small unit of high-risk detainees.

Bro. Obed wrote,
"This is were I started using your Musice to entertaine detainees and started introducing religious activities inside the prison; as a result the pictures show [the] detainees chang[ed] lives."




He tells about how he first heard of The Hawks Trio...
"One morning I turn on the vehicle radio when travelling to work, I heard a group [that sounded] like a trio [singing] a song which titled It is Well with my Soul. I continued to listen to the song till the end of the song, I tried... to remember the name of the group. I came to office and click on google and I saw the photo of the trio group. I was so excited and also struggled to find the mail address and now I thank God that I'm emailing you guys out there right now and the Hawks trio music is my main music that entertained my unit... detainees love to listen to trio music just because some of the words that [are] used in the songs, I connect them with my words when conducting detainees councelling one [on] one."


And of his mother's influence...
Bro. Obed wrote that he realized his English is not really good, but he "can use a little bit of English because my mum advised me to read the Bible more often in order to learn more about English."


And what he really wants to convey...
"I think the most important part I want you people out there should understand is that you have reached the hearts of some High Risk detainees right at my end here. Now when I connected... the Trio songs and my counsellings togther, we drived a message through the souls of some forgotten and rejected youth in my country. Since 2009, I had a total muster of 32 detainees in my unit, but thank God it was me here being a channel of the good news and hope through the Trio message in songs [that made] the difference.  Some detainees are all changed and reclassified as medium, (had transfer to medium), and some had reclassified as low risk detainees, (and had already transfer down to low risk), participating in all the rehab programs.  Currently I have 10 detainees as a current muster... inside the High Risk Unit.  I will continue this job as I think it is Gods plan that I'm here and it doesn't matter that I never knew you people, and before I got to know you all out there, God had [already done] the connection in our service, Isn't that good news?"

Yes!  It IS good news!!  




Bro. Jesse Obed with his laptop, playing the Hawks trio music while the detainees are outside their cells, seen below.

They are having a surprise celebration, because 2 of the men were able to see their children on this day.  None of the current detainees had seen their children in up to 9 years, depending on how long they had been in.  This was a surprise, and the fathers and the other men could not hold back tears...

A man sees his daughter after 9 years of being in prison.

Another man sees his 2yo son for the first time.
His wife was expecting when he went to the prison.

Bro. Obed wrote, "The purpose of including [these] two kids in my program is to take the focus of detainee on something that is more important...  and it is important to train all our kids in order for them to know and uphold love and respect as they grow up, most importantly for the kids to know all about God."


Acts 16:25-34(KJV)

25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.
27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.
28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.
29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

No comments:

Post a Comment