Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

From ''Betty Crocker's Cookbook''

2/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups flour*
1 teaspoon soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 package (6 ounces) of chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix thoroughly shortening, butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool slightly before removing from baking sheet.
ABOUT 7 DOZEN COOKIES.
*If using self-rising flour, omit soda and salt.

1 comment:

  1. Saturday I let Andrew and Nathan (my 8 and 5 yr. old brothers) bake these cookies with me..(they are so sweet and helpful!) Andrew got out Orange flavoring instead of Vanilla. Well, I SHOULD have read the label first...but I didn't. So we had orange flavoring in our cookies. But, I think it tastes great! LoL. Next time I may put Orange flavoring in it on purpose. It reminds me of the little chocolates you can get with ORANGE centers. My favorite!!

    ReplyDelete