Monday, April 11, 2011

Blessed Assurance

...nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
2 Timothy 1:12

 One of my favorite hymns is Blessed Assurance. I'm so glad that we can know that Jesus lives in our hearts and that we can have assurance of our salvation.
 Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine! Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine! Heir of salvation, purchase of God, born of His Spirit, washed in His blood!
 This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long. This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long.
 Perfect submission, perfect delight! Visions of rapture now burst at my sight! Angels descending bring from above echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
 Perfect submission, all us at rest. I in my Savior am happy and blest; Watching and waiting, looking above, filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
 This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long. This is my story, this is my song, praising my Savior all the day long!
Fanny J. Crosby

1 comment:

  1. It's one of my favorites, too, Rebekah. I got saved when I was 10 years old, but no one told me how to have the assurance of my salvation. So it wasn't until I was about 12 that I realized I wasn't going to lose my salvation every time I did something wrong. I learned it was my fellowship I lost when I had unconfessed sin in my life. My parents gave me a Bible and I read a chapter a night before I went to sleep. One time I read, "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee." That was one of the verses that helped me realize what "Blessed Assurance" meant. Jesus was MINE for ever and ever!

    ReplyDelete