Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ladies' Conference

Last Friday we went with our grandma and some other women to a 2-day Ladies' Conference at Liberty Baptist Church in Durham, NC.  We had the opportunity to be in a singing competition before the conference began.  The winning group was to participate in their main service (teen or adult).  But since there were only two teen groups, both trios got to sing at the meeting, and the winner was announced the second day of the conference.  We sang "There You Are" on Friday night, and the other trio sang "He Knows My Name" Saturday morning.  When the winner was announced, we were shocked to learn we had won!

Ron Hamilton (Patch the Pirate) spoke to us the second day before closing.  Jaclynn Weber was the special guest speaker for the teens.  She taught us Psalm 139:17, 18, 23, & 24 in a song.  We have gone to the ladies' conference for several years, and we always look forward to it!  

~Wherever I go, there You are, guiding my way, both near and far.  There is no place my heart can escape your loving embrace. From the mountains so high, the the ocean below, there is no place You can't go.  It's so good to know, wherever I go, there you are~

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you girls. I would be proud of you if you never won anything nor ever sang in front of an audience. What touches me is that you have a heart for God. "Give me thine heart," God said. If you do that, then whatever you do is the greatest thing you can do for Him. He wants YOU, and when he has your heart, he has your talents, your everything. THAT is why I am proud of you! Love, Grandma Norman

    P.S. And ah, it's just fine if you want to sing and it's okay by me if you win, too, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mamaw! I love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete